Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sarah Osbourne

Okay, here it goes...

My first photo is from Time magazine (online). It is a photo from the rioting in Egypt. The reason I like it is the angle of the photo, and I think it captures the severity of the situation going on in the country. It is one thing to read the numerous articles about what is happening, but I believe a photo is much more moving and personal.



This is a photo from the Time magazine website, as well. It is a photo of an artist by the name of Seth Kirby viewing his own artwork at an exhibition. I love the photo because I think it would be extremely challenging to capture, and I think it makes an interesting composition. I also think it is meaningful that the photographer could capture an artist admiring his own work in a unique manner.




This photo shows a seagull covered in oil after an oil rig collapsed. It is from Time magazine online, as well. This photo is admirable to me because I think it is very simple, yet has a huge impact. Many people were outraged at the oil spill, and the environmental damage resulting in this oil spill was horrific. I think this photo does a wonderful job of capturing this.




The end!!

3 comments:

  1. I find that first photo pretty interesting because, like you said, it captures the situation in a single moment like words often can not. It is like a “Me Against The World” picture, one guy taking on a wall of police officers and injustice in the country. Good choice.

    The seagull/duck/penguin picture catches your eye, too, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me the seagull picture is the most eye-catching. In an event like the oil spill where animals are the victims, it's not like you can get a quote from the victim, so you have to rely on pictures to tell their stories. This picture definitely does that effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The seagull is what really drew me in about your post as well. The photo just tugs at my heartstrings and makes me wish I could have taken that seagull and helped him. It also makes you think about how many other animals were put in danger and how helpless they are. It is terrible to see the results and consequences of what we do and how it destroys nature.

    ReplyDelete