Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My favorite photo

This long shot that I took of Sophie is my favorite picture from Monday's class exercise. I really like this photo for a number of reasons. First, I like how the stairwell frames the photo, it brings the attention to both Sophie and the lighting. The lighting is the other thing I like about this picture, especially because of how it appears to be sunny outside when in reality it was gloomy and dark. I think the angle is interesting and despite the fact I normally hate the stairs in Grady, I really liked them in this instance. This photo was semi-spontaneous, we were going up the stairs and I just ran up a few more and got the shot. Overall, I just think it is a pretty cool shot.

3 comments:

  1. This is freakin-awesome and so creative! I like this picture so much! I like the depth from looking down on her and her looking back up as well. Great photog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the angle of this photo. I also think the lightening really complements the photo. Everything about this picture is cool. Such a great idea. I feel like there is a lot of different aspects of this photo and visually appealing. I just really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the framing of this photo. It's unconventional and lovely. It makes the viewer dig a little to find the subject, but once you do, its great.

    ReplyDelete