Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Photos

I don't have a stock of favorite photos or photographers, so I've just decided to find pictures about things that I like. It turns out that I mostly like pictures of landscapes/places. Enjoy!















I love this National Geographic picture because of the geography of the setting. You can see the erosions in the earth and the grooves of the land. It reminds me of flying and looking down at all the cutouts in the earth, the little squares and patches of land that you can't see from the ground.



















This picture came from some guy's blog, but the important thing is that it's a picture of SAN ANTONIO. I'm obsessed with this city and, more importantly, the Riverwalk, which is what you see here. I love the colors, the boats, the people and everything. When I visited, a Cinderella carriage drove over one of the bridges as I was just strolling down the Riverwalk with friends. It's just magic there, and you can almost feel it by looking at this picture.













This is a picture of Leary, Ga. It's a picture of a teeny tiny farming town. It also happens to be the place where I grew up. I love this picture because it represents everything Leary is--small, deserted, beautiful. The other pictures on Brian Brown's website are amazing, too. But this one is my favorite because of the railroad. I cross it every time I drive through town because it's literally in the middle of town. It's about the only thing left intact in the whole place.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the first picture! I am a geography major, so I really appreciate everything National Geographic captures. There are so many amazing processes and developments in nature and photographing these elements is not only important, but also amazingly beautiful. I think National Geographic continuously presents the most spectacular photos ever taken, and this first photo you posted is no exception!

    ReplyDelete