Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Drew's close-up of Jordan


Even though this photo probably isn't the best quality, I really like it because it seems so genuine. I was definitely trying to embody the persona of a creepy photographer, but Jordan was an excellent model and didn't seem phased by my stalking. It is a candid picture, and it looks like a candid picture. That's what I like about it. This assignment taught me that when trying to capture photos of someone, catching someone off guard - when they're not posing - is often the best way.

1 comment:

  1. What I really like about this picture is that, even though it is an extreme close-up, I still know where she is. The background helps orient her to a place, which tells more of a story about the picture. Plus, the background has a great graphic pattern-the ceiling of the breezeway-which makes the photo more interesting. I also like that I can see where she's been (the SLC), but I have no idea where or at what she's looking. It gives the picture some mystery and excitement.

    ReplyDelete