Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Planning for the future is scary...


My dream job would be to work as the managing editor for InStyle Magazine or another affluent lifestyle magazine dealing with fashion, food, and the arts all in one place. I have always loved InStyle and have looked to them as inspirations for not only consumer items such as makeup or clothing, but also for layout and writing inspiration. Their down-to-earth attitude makes it one of my favorite magazines to read. I aspire to be like their staff.

I am going to get to this dream job by continuing to work on Little Red Book Magazine here at UGA (I will be editor in chief next fall) and by getting another summer internship. I will also make my way there through insane measures of networking. I am always happy and eager to call or email someone, I would even carrier pigeon someone important that could help me on my road to magazine editor status.

The only conflict I have with my dream job is location. After spending last summer in New York, I'm not sure if it is the place for me. But, I think I would make it work for a magazine as amazing as InStyle.
Look out for my letter from the editor!

No comments:

Post a Comment